Akshay Kumar Reacts On Criticism Over His Citizenship

12:09 AM pervez akhtar 0 Comments

Akshay Kumar’s citizenship has become the center of talks again. The internet was flooding with Bollywood celebs’ inked fingers on the voting day in Mumbai and when fans noticed the missing picture of Akshay they could not help themselves asking about his absence. However, Kumar choose not to answer and when a journalist asked the same question he responded with “chaliye chaliye“.

But on Friday Akshay decided to break his silence and posted a letter on his Twitter account, clarifying that though he holds a Canadian passport, he works in India, pays his taxes here and loves this country very much.

“I really don’t understand the unwarranted interest and negativity about my citizenship. I have never hidden or denied that I hold a Canadian passport,” the letter posted by Akshay earlier today read.

“I have not visited Canada in the last seven years. I work in India and pay all my taxes in India. While all these years, I have never needed to prove my love for India to anyone, I find it disappointing that my citizenship issue is constantly dragged into a needless controversy, a matter that is personal, legal, non-political, and of no consequences to others.

“Lastly I would like to continue contributing in my own small way to the causes that I believe in and make India stronger and stronger,” it further read.

Twitteratis brutally trolled Akshay for not voting and having Canadian citizenship instead of Indian.

#1

#2

Just a few hours later, an old video surfaced on the internet where Akshay can be seen addressing the people of Toronto, calling the city his home.

The B-Town star said, “I must tell you one thing, This is my home. Toronto is my home. After I retire from this industry I am going to come back here and stay here.”

The post Akshay Kumar Reacts On Criticism Over His Citizenship appeared first on RVCJ Media.



from RVCJ Media http://bit.ly/2ZX74l2

You Might Also Like

0 comments: